Recipe provided by: The International Kitchen
- 500 grs. Penne Pasta
- 8 tbsp of Olive oil
- 16 tips of white asparagus
- 1 liter of chick broth
- 1 slice minced onion
- 400 grs. kidney beans
- 4 handfulls of rocket salade (winter cress or arugula), cleaned and stems removed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Bring water to boil then cook the kidney beans for 5 minutes (they must remain firm). Cool them off under trickling cold water then peel them.
- Cut the asparagus keeping approx. 5 cm. in lenth and roast them in olive oil.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan. Add the pasta and onion and cook over high heat and stir for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken
broth and half the lemon juice, and continue cooking until the Penne pasta is “Al dente”.
- Add the asparagus tips that are already cooked.
- When the pasta has absorbed all the broth, add the other half of the lemon juice, the kidney beans and the rocket salad (the stalks having been removed).
- Mix it all together and serve.
Chef Rene Berard, of The International Kitchen’s Cooking Passport to Provence, creates richly innovative cuisine based on traditional flavors and fragrances of Provence and the Mediterranean. Although Chef Berard has won numerous awards and is held in the highest esteem by his peers, his true love is teaching and creating the same passion in his students. Lessons are taught a couple kilometers outside the village in the “Bastide des Saveurs,” a small house wonderfully outfitted and used exclusively for the cooking lessons, surrounded by exquisite herb and vegetable gardens.